Sunday, March 28, 2010

How Well Do I Know My Body?

One of my favorite things to do is run. When I run on a track I get very competitive with myself, when I run on the street I enjoy the sounds of my feet and the surroundings, when I run in the rain, I run with my heart. I just love it. It is so much more to me than just exercising and "clearing my head" I can't explain it.
My brother and my husband understood what running meant to me. After being diagnosed with RA and being stripped of all my passions, they knew what to do for me, run. They have become runners. Both of them are athletic, however neither were runners. This is the point I am trying it get a crossed to others (without RA or illness); take care of your body, nurture it, use it, love it! Because when it's gone, life gets hard. If you have a mobile body USE IT! There is nothing more annoying to me than seeing healthy people sitting on their butts and wasting a perfectly healthy body, I would do ANYTHING to feel healthy and strong again. What my brother and husband have done has really touched me; it showed how much they cared and how aware they were of how I felt.

Today I face a struggle, how well do I know my body...

The weather is getting nice out and I am getting the itch to run again. I go on walks about 3 to 4 times a week but I want to run. The other day my dog and I were on a walk and we came to a place where we were alone on a road and I thought, "well here goes nothing." And we jogged, I could feel myself being stiff and scared, I ran about 1/2 mile. It felt good, don't get me wrong, but I am not yet convinced that I can run. It is so very scary to me. I don't want to get me hopes up, remind myself how much I love this sport only to find the next day I have extreme flare ups and I can't walk (once again). So I'm stuck on a teeter.

I have to try to run again. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home