Friday, February 26, 2010

Cup of Joe, No More!


Like most people, you wake up and go downstairs to fetch a cup of coffee. It's hot, good, and it gets you moving! I love coffee; dark and black is the way I like it. One cup while I'm getting ready, another with breakfast, and a mug to go! But I am said to say my morning cups of coffee are no more.


The pads of the feet and toes are my biggest problem area. I have developed erosion in them and they are very sensitive. Every winter my toes get really cold, very purple and flare up. The flare ups causes my toes to rub up against each other causing them to blister and form what looks like blood clots. Very painful.

I had an appointment with my doctor, Dr. Brooks and I decided to showed him my toes. He looked at them and said, "Stop drinking coffee!" I was like that's it, stop drinking coffee?! My toes already have poor circulation and the caffeine was only making it worse, causing what little blood that does goes into the toes, not always to find a way out.

So I removed coffee and caffeine from my diet, and WOW! Immediate response, my toes aren't purple anymore, yippy! The blood is flowing again and the blisters and tough skin are beginning to fade. I have not had any problems giving up coffee because of the way I feel with out it. Healthy toes have out weighed my old love for coffee.
Getting Better!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for this.I have it in my feet I drink around 8 cups of coffee a day..I now know what Iam doing wrong.Bill In North Liberty

February 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger kate. said...

I'm glad I could be of some help. Keep me posted on your results! Thanks for reading my blog and take care!

February 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger kate. said...

Hey Bill I've been thinking about you! I hope being coffee free has helped you :)

April 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home